Saturday, August 1, 2015

Higher Indoor Humidity after Coil Replacement

The coil in my four-year-old York air handler was replaced six days ago due to it leaking coolant. This is the latest in a series of warranty repairs, and my contractor has reached the point of getting noticeably exasperated with hearing from me. Although the unit is cooling the house since the new coil was installed, the humidity level indoors has increased and is now reading 71%. I unfortunately don't have a "before" relative humidity to provide, but even here in Central Florida, on a rainy day, the previous coil, leaking coolant, was performing better than that.

I haven't noticed the unit running excessively, but it's very quiet and on Florida summer days, it ran a lot of the time anyhow. Can someone here can help me gain a better understanding of how a coil replacement can cause this to happen before I contact my already-annoyed contractor so that I can remain solution-focused and hopefully get out of his hair for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment