Wednesday, August 5, 2015

White-Rodgers Intell-Ignition boards

Hi. I am a Newbie to this site. I own apartment buildings in Culver City, CA, and in one I have four American Standard A/C units, model ADD1A060A9361AA. The one bedroom apartment units are two on top, over two below. These units are about 5 years old. The condenser units are on the roof; the balance of each A/C unit is in a dedicated closet in each unit. I have had two White-Rodgers Intell-Ignition boards DD-C 50A65-476 in two of the units short and burn. The system A/C installer replaced the first failed board and thought it was just a fluke. My current A/C man, who came out and looked at the SECOND failed board said he thought the relay in the transformer failed and caused the fire on the board. Is there a known problem with these White-Rodgers Intell-Ignition boards? Is this something that I should send a flare up on, and to whom? Should I contact White-Rodgers, and how???

No comments:

Post a Comment