Sunday, August 2, 2015

rpm under load

Hi guys, Hoping I can bend someones ear this fine sunday .

Today I was doing my annual maint on my home direct drive hvac blower assy. specifically taking the blower motor the blower wheel and housing apart to clean and inspect.
I usually oil the bearings and check the motor bearings for any play, everything seemed fine
fine. Since I got a new toy ( rpm digital laser ) for work I wanted to use it

Motor is emerson 1/3 hp psc 115vac direct drive 1050rpm and using my new toy I measured 1149 rpm no load at shaft with squirrel cage off on high speed (bare motor) . and with the motor mounted in blower assy with steel squirrel cage I measured 728 rpm and 4.6 A with blower assy out of unit so no resistance to airflow from coil or exchanger or duct work . FLA is 6.0 amps Is this acceptable rpm drop for a direct drive blower ?

thx again

No comments:

Post a Comment