Thursday, November 26, 2015

Heat Pump Cycling

To start out I am new here, and I am greatful for all the great info from you guy. I have a split system heat pump, I have added a new 2 heat 1 cool t-stat. My pressure are checking out fine, it is an r-22 system, the program on the t-stat is right. The problem is the unit will run for about 5 min, and then the unit will shut down, I wait for another 5 min and it will start back up, I have tried tracking down were if is cutting out my control voltage, it seems that it is the low pressure switch cutting it out, it doesn't have a high pressure switch, so the only thing that will make me lose my control voltage is that low pressure switch. I tracking it down and one leg of the switch is tied into the yellow t-stat and the other leg is tied into one side of the contactor. I am going back tomorrow, and I will have any other info that you may need to know, but as of right now that's were I stand, I didn't install this system and it seems that there has been a few tecs work on this unit. I want to thank you in advance for your help, and if I have posted in the wrong place I want to apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment