Saturday, November 28, 2015

Control board for a Bryant 80 plus

I have a Bryant 80 plus, Model 331AAVO24065, Serial 2894A24625.
The LED Code Status was reading that "replace Control"

I told my heating contractor this and he picked up (and I paid for) a White Rogers Model 50M61-843 control board.
However when he dropped for the first trip, he advised me the control board, does not have to be changed. Furnace broke down 2 days after this, with the same code. On his second trip he said it may be the flame sensor. It has broken down again today (I reset it by turning breaker off and on), with the same LED code.

I cannot understand why the contractor has not changed the control if this is the code reading. The only reason I can think of now, is maybe the heating contractor has maybe picked up the wrong control and thus the reason for not installing it.

Can someone advise me if the White Rogers model number is correct for this control?
Is there anything I am missing? I sure as heck am not going to repair it myself.
Thanks beforehand for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment