Thursday, November 5, 2015

Honeywell TH6320R1004 Zone Function Locked?

Hello
I have the following control equipment:
Honeywell HZ322 TrueZONE
Honeywell THM4000R RedLINK wireless adapter
Honeywell TH6320R1004 wireless thermostats 3 ea.
3 zone dampers.

System works fine. However, one of the wireless thermostats (Zone2) has died (blank screen, switched batteries still no go). I want to use the Thermostat from Zone 3 (little used garage office) to replace the dead Zone2 thermostat.

I see in the instructions how to get into the configuration mode of the thermostat. I am able to cycle through the functions with the Next/Back buttons without issue and change the settings on all of them except Function 0. According to the instructions, Once I have the T on function 0, I should be able to use the Up/Down arrows on the thermostat to cycle through the zones (0-3). However, once I have navigated to the 0 function the up/down arrows don't allow me to change the zone--it is stuck on '3'.

I contacted Honeywell and the nice Indian fellow was only able to tell me "since this is a professionally installed thermostat, I needed to hire a contractor to get the EIM password in order to be able to change the zone of the thermostat.

There is no mention of a password in any of the documentation that I have for the equipment and I can't believe that I need a password to perform this simple swap.

Can anyone help me figure out how to unlock the Zone 3 thermostat so I can set it to work as the Zone 2 thermostat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
WD

No comments:

Post a Comment