Thursday, April 14, 2016

Convert indoor armoire to outdoor entertainment center

Hello All,



I wish to embark on a project to convert a pocket door armoire into an entertainment center that can survive the elements.



Goals



- unit will house a tv, cable box, and soundbar year round



- bottom drawers or doors will be used for deck or grill storage (charcoal, utensils, etc)



- unit will be decorated in a way that will allow me to weatherproof so not much moisture penetrates



Facts



- unit will be outside unprotected from sun, temperature, and moisture.



- unit is made out of wood



- unit is not yet purchased. I am eying several on craigs



Million dollar question



How can I weatherproof this unit and decorate it at the same time to flow with the brown deck and cream house siding?



My ideas



- use vinyl siding

- find plastic sheeting that ia decorative

- consider metal sheeting

- paint

- epoxy



That is about as far as I have made it in my project.



Please feel free to express your ideas and opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment