Saturday, April 9, 2016

Engine build / rebuild

Hi. I am looking to buy a classic car to rebuild. I am planning to do an engine rebuild--unless I find a car with an engine that has been recently rebuilt--but I am not looking for that and, really, am looking forward to doing a rebuild.



Although my engine experience is limited, I am confident that I an do a rebuild with a rebuild kit (using the internet, manuals, etc to work my way through it)



I have found '65 Thunderbird. According to the owner, the engine block is cracked.



Now, had the engine block not been cracked, I planned to buy an engine rebuild kit.



Since it IS cracked, I will need an engine block.



So, my question is, if I find the correct engine block, and get a rebuild kit for it, will that include everything I need to build a working engine that can then be dropped in the car?



I'm not sure if a rebuild kit includes EVERYTHING but the block, or if there are more parts that would be needed.



Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment