Friday, May 27, 2016

Cigarette lighter intermittently cuts out

I have a 2001 Toyota Celica GT-S. The cigarette lighter that I only use to power various devices has started to intermittently not work. Judging by the power light on the plugs I put in it, I can jiggle it and the power light turns on and off. If I get it set in a good position to have the light on, it will go out when a bump in the road, or pulling on the cord re-positions it in the outlet to where it loses power again. The problem has been getting progressively worse to the point where it loses power a dozen times during my 20 minute work commute, and is the same regardless of the particular plug I put into it.



I'm guessing there is a loose power connection to the socket, but do not know how to remove it to check/tighten the connections. I've found several videos for other car lighters that disassemble differently. Can anyone guide me on how to get to the back of the socket to check the connections, or tell me if something else may be the problem? Thanks! ~Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment