Friday, May 13, 2016

Need advice on drafty crawlspace

the floors above my crawlspace are pretty cold during the winter and warm during the warmer seasons. I noticed that when i lift the lid to my crawlspace, there's always a draft especially when it's cold outside. I called a basement water proofing company and they were against vapor barriers and crawlspace encapsulation in general. They said its not a good idea to line up the walls with any type of material because Mold will just grow between it and the wall. They said best thing to do is leave the concrete bare and just shut the vents. I really just want to take care of any potential moisture issues and also stop the cold draft in the crawlspace. Anybody have any suggestions? I was going to buy all the materials for crawlspace encapsulation and do it myself but the basement waterproofing guy said it's a ripoff. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment