Thursday, December 17, 2015

Condenser unit runs in cooling whenever fan ON setting is selected.

Condenser unit runs (fan and compressor) whenever fan ON setting is selected... Even when system is set to HEAT. Everything works perfectly in fan AUTO mode. This means I can't leave the fan on when bedroom doors are closed at night and the circulation of heat is necessary. I inherited the Bryant condensing furnace with the house. This problem was noted in the inspection and no one could figure out why it was happening. I have since replaced the older programmable thermostat with a Honeywell wifi unit from Home Depot, but the problem exists just the same. I've double checked the thermostat wiring per the installation instructions and I believe it is wired correctly, and so was the old one. I've also checked for obvious wiring issues in the furnace and can't see any. This is so weird. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment