Friday, December 11, 2015

Gas Heater Mystery

The heater is a six radiant gas space heater. I have used it for years. A couple of weeks ago I stated having trouble getting the jets under the first radiant (radiant closest to the valve) to light. The other jets were a bit slow to light but did light. The jets under the first radiant though were taking three matches to light.

I cleaned all the jets, vacuumed out the burner assembly, and blew out the valve and office. This fixed the slight time lag under the other radiant but now only two or three of the jets under the first radiant light. Two jets are blocked but a #12 copper wire goes into the other jets fine.

I could understand if it was the jets under the radiant
furthest from the valve. That could be the other jets were starving it but this is the jets closet to the valve. There seems to be plenty of gas flow to the jets that do light so I'm at a loss to know what the problem is.

I'm getting a new heater but I want to keep this one as back up because the new heaters have a lot of parts that can fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment