Monday, June 27, 2016

Central air shuts down after 5 minutes

Model #HABA-F024SD. All of a sudden my fan wasn't working when I came home from work. I turned the system off and then on again and the fan started up as it should have. After 5 minutes the fan shut down while the system in the house stayed running. I can hear the humming noise still but the fan wouldn't start. I spun the fan with a stick and it started but then stopped again. I have replaced the fan and it still happened so I replaced the capacitor. The problem happened again the same way so I replaced the contactor. At this point the same thing has happened after all of the repairs. I paid a service fee to have a company come out and they checked the freon only to find out that it didn't need charged. They still could not diagnose the problem. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment