Saturday, June 11, 2016

Should I have a gutter for my shed-style roof?

I just had a 10X20 3-season room added to my home with a shed style roof. (I made the final payment yesterday.) It rained today and I noticed the contractor hadn't put up a gutter on the porch although the approved proposal specified one. The porch is raised 10' so the water will fall approx. 19' to the grass, below.



My question is should I have the gutter installed? The contractor did a beautiful job and I am otherwise very satisfied with the result. I like the way the porch looks without the gutter but would have him back to put it on if I should.



The porch is 20' long and 10' wide so the run is 120". The rise is 21". There will be no rain from elsewhere on the house getting onto the deck, so the total area for water is 200'.



Thoughts, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment