Saturday, June 11, 2016

Difficulty finding Motor/Capacitor replacements

Hi all,



New member, but I was hoping to get some advice on finding a replacement for the bad motor on my outdoor unit. I'm a relatively new homeowner and will be doing this for the first time. Edit : I'm unable to attach images apparently. The motor is:



A.O Smith F42D9A50



From everything I've found, the 1/12 HP motor is fairly uncommon in itself. I'd love to be able to run to Home Depot, but I realize I'll probably need to order these parts online. The only option I've found is through amazon and seems to be a direct replacement for the motor. As far as the capacitor goes, I'm not really even sure how to approach that :eek2:



Once I have the parts I feel confident replacing them.



Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment