Sunday, June 19, 2016

Magic Leak

Was looking at an ICP coil.. txv was bad..... and I had the cover off the coil and was looking around in there to see if I would be able to get the txv pulled out enough to replace without having to cut the furnace vent tubing..... I am looking in the coil housing and notice this fog coming across the front of the coil...... stood back and saw this....



Name:  swert 239.jpg<br />
Views: 4<br />
Size:  46.0 KB



Unit had been running... I had been there for a little while with the unit running........ took the door off...... I dont know.... it just decided to start leaking then.....



Its weird..... I dont even think I touched that tubing..... but its freaky how that leak was there..... and its a good leak.... and somehow it was held back until I messed with the door.



The solderin.... job on this was atrocious....









Attached Images

 








No comments:

Post a Comment