Saturday, March 12, 2016

Re-using paint rollers

In my research, I saw some folks mention they save and reuse their paint rollers by wrapping them up in plastic. Since I was going to apply a second coat of paint to the ceiling the following day and since 14" rollers are about $10 a pop, I figured I'd give it a try.



:thumbdn:



I could tell right away the paint wasn't laying on very nice and laying off was just as bad. Didn't have another 14" roller available so I kept going. Not terrible results but under the right lighting it looks blotchy and not as nice as the first coat. I had considered not doing a second coat since the first coat turned out so nice but it appeared a bit 'thin' so figured what the heck.



I'll be doing a 3rd coat in the morning with a new 14" roller! :wall:

No comments:

Post a Comment