Hello, I broke a window pane in my new house with old single hung aluminum casement windows . Discovered that I needed to replace the Channel Balances (block & tackle 1710) as well as Top sash cams b/c the plastic shoes and sash cams were broken.
Anyway, I took out the sash and disassembled it to help remove all glass, adhesive, aluminum trim "glazing" and plastic cams. Then, I (Mistake?) :wall: put the 4 sides of sash back together and used the same screws on top (but without the plastic cam. I stripped the 'threads' where screw connects sides to the top of sash (Pics are each side of the Top piece)
![Name: 20151017_203618[1].jpg
Views: 6
Size: 25.5 KB](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_sLJ12ao83N5_TW_lAeoPj4yMPf3kvvsMsirzBIRhPxHPOG3FNYfVz_NKD4F515MWQ93oe57l1B1gBQiIzQAHG2w26ZpmzJLkCvbc1tC7vr8dIAgygxm9OI_zT32Gp4Q4bevbHNOom301M_PFhoNVmAEPm_HLaRggZi6n9cH-2d98iDufXiSUq3A6KvaCNJ2VSFN7EyQnjfgrW44oZGdzzJ5YVv1PTVpm7D5oisNWpKnAgvhUWGOyyd3CvH_zY6V4gmO-qXPkWn=s0-d)
![Name: 20151017_203205[1].jpg
Views: 6
Size: 32.5 KB](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_sA_JGdaKbp8weoo2v8nXgYIod4w4OHBtHMmyMatzHPWWIb6NP2_pnwCi6ENJ5h3xFFq_Yurm7wfWzezRKTbywloS3Yy6ihCFNFL6dOxERgznuQXD5QButChmlfWmAw6qPbwRCD1wotXLQCv0jQ6coihvI8ZNP50nGW7QUXw2fAFMyMA2iWd_oJwk6XWhDxg59zxE9zuU-lNjsiZhHiyKoPWHMZhLCIPGumToceOmu6GzQVWN2GN7NDO2KzQ6gTVDanfeGchWKIJQ=s0-d)
Anyway, I took out the sash and disassembled it to help remove all glass, adhesive, aluminum trim "glazing" and plastic cams. Then, I (Mistake?) :wall: put the 4 sides of sash back together and used the same screws on top (but without the plastic cam. I stripped the 'threads' where screw connects sides to the top of sash (Pics are each side of the Top piece)
No comments:
Post a Comment