Thursday, October 8, 2015

Washer fills then stops, lid switch is OK, makes no sound

Hello, I have an old Kenmore washer (model 110.4221090 which is Sears Canada). It was purchased used and I've never seen it running, it was in the back of a pickup truck for a 4 hour trip.

It will fill with water and once filled it completely stops and does not make any noise at all. I can leave it turned on to spin cycle and unplug it from the wall then back in and it doesn't even make a peep.

I checked the lid switch for continuity and it is good, I also bypassed the lid switch and had the same issue. I ran through this motor test: https://repairave.com/washerrepair_wpl_motor.asp (2 speed, identical to the one in the pictures) and all of the resistances were OK.

I can only assume it is a bad timer? When I put it on a normal cycle and it stops filling the timer does not advance or make any noise. If I manually cycle the timer on it's own there are certain clicks where I can hear it working again, then it will reach a stage where it clicks and stops working, then if I manually move it forward it will kick in again.

Could it be something else? Any help is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment