Monday, September 21, 2015

Adjusting an exterior door?

I bought my house 4 years ago. The front door was difficult to close. I filed the strike down until is closed easily. But then it didn't make solid contact with the weather stripping.

Last year we had a mudroom installed in the garage, which required moving the door to the garage. At first it wouldn't close, but the contractor adjusted something and now that door is good.

It took me a year to connect the two; if one door can be adjusted, maybe the second one can be.
Steel door with Therma-Tru hinges. I don't see anything adjustable (I also have some Anderson doors and they can be adjusted up/down and sideways with an allen wrench; but these have nothing)

So, any idea how I go about getting the door to close properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment