Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Pilotless Igniter Stove does not click or light

As part of an old co-op unit that I purchased, I got an old stove in the kitchen. It is an Eagle Pilotless Igniter stove. I have no idea how old it is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is from the 1980s...

Anyway, since I am rarely home it's not a big deal and it worked fine for things like boiling water and heating up food. But yesterday, after I turned off the electricity in the apt to work on the electrical outlet, the stove no longer lit.

When I turn the knob, I hear the gas rushing, but the normal click is gone. I can put a match near the gas tube and the stove top does light up.

What could be wrong and what is the fix? Is this a sign of a potentially dangerous defect?

Perhaps I should just get a new stove.

Thank you.
Attached Images

No comments:

Post a Comment