Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wiring AC 6/2 into panel

The AC guy was moving the unit to the opposite side of the house. I ran him a new feed and disconnect box since it was easier than back pulling the wire and hoping it reached. Black and white to line lugs in disconnect. Whip from AC to load lugs. No problem. But in the panel, I pulled out the old wires from the previous location to put in the new feed. Why buy a new breaker since it was working fine. But I hooked it up exactly the same way. One black and one white to the two sides of the breaker. Ground to neutral bus. But I get nothing. Seems like my gut says it isn't completing the circuit. But I don't really know if this was hooked up correctly or if the problem is in the AC unit. Can anyone confirm my wiring is correct before I get the AC guy back out?

No comments:

Post a Comment