Sunday, September 20, 2015

Furnace fan blown

Hey folks, I have an older Lennox gas furnace that's given me some problems. Had some flooding in my crawl space that put the fan under water. It's happened before, I drain the water and give it a few days to dry everything out. This time though I turned the AC back on after just a few hours, like an idiot. I smell burning electrical 30 minutes later and after turning off power found the circuit board had actually burned off a resistor or capacitor.
The key question. Should I replace just the circuit board and give it another go? Or should I replace the whole assembly? Also does anyone know how to look up the part number for circuit boards? It's not on my manual and I couldn't find anything in the board itself.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment