Sunday, September 27, 2015

I have a 6 amp motor running 18 amps measured after the VFD

New motor just installed. checked amps at the motor and was reading 18 amps. nameplate is 6 amps at 480 volts. 3 phase.

The VFD was at 52 HZ (was unable to bypass or set to 60 HF)
Normally I check the amps before the VFD not after. So I dont know if a VFD will give my Fieldpiece True RMS head with clamp on weird readings.
I ran out of time today and was not about to leave the motor running, but It sounded fine for the few seconds it was running.
I searched the web for a simple explanation on how a VFD effects output volts / amps / and frequency and most of it was over my head.

at this time I cant tell you more, dont recall the brand prob a ABB

PS. yes, the motor is wired correctly for high voltage 480

side note, they have a 2nd motor same type doing similar work and it has been running for a few years. I check the amps at the motor and it was running 10 amps (also rated for 6)

Do i have a screwed up motor? VFD? meter??

Help please

No comments:

Post a Comment