Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Water heater leaks from 6 locations

Name:  WH1.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  38.3 KBName:  WH2.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  31.2 KBName:  WH3.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  37.7 KBName:  WH4.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  18.9 KB

Hi there! I've run into a leaking problem with my water heater. It leaks simultaneously from 6 different locations at the top of the unit IMMEDIATELY when the cold water is turned on. As you can see in the pics, it leaks from the center hood, from the 4 pea-sized indentations around the hood, and from the back of the pressure release valve. When I turn the cold water off, the leaking stops. The unit is a Kenmore, and it's gas.

Why is it leaking from all these locations? What do I do to stop this from happening when I turn the cold water on?

Thanks so much for your help!
Attached Images

No comments:

Post a Comment