Wednesday, September 23, 2015

IQ Drive thermostat displays "IC COIL TEMP SENSOR" when selected to cool

An error code ("IC COIL TEMP SENSOR") flashes on the top of the IQ thermostat display when the mode is changed to cool. Everything seems to work fine, just this fault keeps showing up despite clearing it.

I have an IQ modulating furnace (frigidair), an IQ thermostat, and a standard ACU single stage (frigidair) outside. My installer says I don't have an IC sensor on my device and the error should not be present. The best he could figure is that it is a setting in the Installer Menu. Anyone out there come across this and should I worry about it? Selling the house and concerned this may be an issue that I don't want to pass on to the new owner.

History: Original installer cracked the drip tray and flooded the furnace. It has had the control transformer, blower and furnace boards, and the drip tray replaced (Canadian Tire approach).

My System Config is as follows;
Outdoor system 2.0 Tons
Air Cond- non IQ
with modulating furnace
Blower type B
Communication
Indoor unit -OK
Outdoor Uunit-OK
Air flow CFM per ton
400

No comments:

Post a Comment