Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ceiling fan/light not working after new light switch install

Hi - I just installed a new light switch on my ceiling fan, and neither the fan nor the light will work. Fortunately, I can say for sure that there isn't a problem with the breaker (another fixture on the same one works fine), but otherwise, I'm at a complete loss. The only point that differs from the original setup is that I have wire nuts connecting the new switch's wires (black) to the wires that ran directly into the old switch (blue). I can't see why this would be a problem, though.

To reiterate, the entire fixture (fan and light) does nothing, even though I've only replaced the light switch. And, when I talk about the switch, I'm referring solely to the pull switch on the fan, NOT the wall switch.

Solutions?

Thanks!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment