Saturday, May 30, 2015

This Old House

I have a couple of questions concerning the hosts/crew on both This Old House and Ask This Old House.

On both shows it seems to me that the hosts simply MUST rub their hands on anything and everything in the house, be it the floor, the counter tops, the cabinetry or furnishings. Why? I never have a need to get down and rub the floor at any house I visit nor do I do this anywhere else?

On ATOH they have a segment where one of the hosts brings out some silly looking thing and the others try to guess what it is. They try to be funny but fail miserably. In the end the thing is usually a really stupid idea that is more trouble than it is worth for some minor job. Does anyone else see this segment as just plain stupid and a waste of time?

And at the end of each program Kevin O'Conner says, "Until next time I'm Kevin O'Conner for ..." Who is he going to be when "next time" comes about? Why doesn't he just say, "I"m Kevin O'Conner for..."

No comments:

Post a Comment