Sunday, May 31, 2015

Will Silicone adhere to cement board?

I'm going to be using full engineered marble (fake marble) slabs as my shower walls. The company that's making them for me suggests using silicone to adhere them to the substrate. They actually recommended that since there are not grouted areas like there would be with separate tiles and the only potential for water behind them is where I caulk or silicone the joints...to just use greenboard as the substrate.

I had decided to use cement board instead just as an added safety net, but the more I've been thinking, I've come to the question:

Will the silicone stick to cement board?

and furthermore if I decided to take a final precautionary waterproofing step of redguard over the cement board, will silicone stick to redguard?

Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment