Saturday, May 30, 2015

Vent toilet, shower, and sink for basement fixtures

Hello everyone, Nebraska here and I think we follow UPC Code.

I am wanting to install plumbing 'stub outs' in my basement before my 4" thick concrete floor is poured next week.

My main drain line will be 3", running out the house through the footing.

My main bath upstairs and downstairs are stacked atop each other. Layout is different in each one, but the idea was to get the plumbing all together in one area. The other plan, which so far looks to be a go, is to have a plumbing wall on each side of the long walls in the bathrooms that *do* stack so it's continuous for venting and drains.

Currently I must locate my drains and vents that will have to be done below-slab. I do not have a lot of depth to my PVC Sleeves which are installed in my footings. :o

I plan on making all my connections to mt 3" main drain with Wyes as close to horizontal as possible due to lower clearance.

As you walk in the bathroom, on the right side will be my sink, then toilet, then shower in the corner (with a round or 45 deg edge). On the left side there will be the HVAC & Water Heater enclosed in a little closet area, with a floor drain & vertical waste stack that supports the upstairs fixtures.

Question...To tie the three right fixtures into my main drain, would it be best to use 3 wyes, angled off to each fixture OR to use one wye, and a 45, to create a 'line' if you will, that each fixture ties into in a row. (perhaps making venting a tad easier, but complicating things due to low clearance and trying to obtain a slope.)

Next question would be, how to vent each fixture properly, when I can not just attach a 3x3x2 wye vertically before the pipe switches to horizontal...in my case each fixture will attach to a long el as soon as it gets below the slab level. I'm guessing I can't use a wye on horizontal to run a vent below slab and up into the plumbing wall? :wall:

No comments:

Post a Comment