Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ceiling fan remote half working

I have a ceiling fan (pretty sure it's Hampton Bay, but can't check right now).
It has a remote that is installed between the fan wires and the ceiling wires.
It is also controlled by a wall switch. There are no pull chains at all on this model.
The fan has three speeds available via the remote and the light is dimmable via the remote.

After taking it down and reinstalling it following other electrical work, it works normally except the light will not turn on via the remote. I bypassed the remote (the blue light wire only) and it works fine. I can turn it on and off at the wall.

Is it possible that the remote receiver has failed somehow only for the light circuit? If so, is that repairable?

I can't keep it as is because I can't run the fan without the light being on, which doesn't work as it's a bedroom fan we'd like to have on overnight.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment