Saturday, July 25, 2015

Was quoted Ameristar but a Payne unit was installed

Hi folks
A contractor quoted me a "Trane/Ameristar" central AC replacement, and after the work was finished I went to fill out the warranty registration and realized they installed Payne units inside and out.

The installed unit seems to have similar specs as the quoted unit; both are small size units for a 2br condo and I presume they are essentially equivalent. Had he quoted a Payne in the first place I wouldn't have had a problem with it...

But the silent switch is concerning. Did I get screwed? Did I get an upgrade? What should I look for? What are my options?

When the inspector shows up and this unit doesn't match the spec sheet submitted with the permit, will there be a problem?

Thanks!
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment