Thursday, July 30, 2015

I've yet to have a good experience with an hvac tech

Hi Guys-

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if everybody in this industry isn't a clown.

Trying to correct a poor A/C install by the first set of clowns. The issue with it is my a/c temp differential never gets up more than 12F on a good day. A bad day differential is 6F. This is measured at the coil and return by my communicating thermostat. Second problem is that the stat reports static pressure at 1.5 iwc (with an ECM motor). I don't know if this is on the supply or return side but I'd like to get it solved before the motor burns out.

I called the first set of clowns back after the install and their guy came out and gave me some story about "cotton wool" on the condenser. He said he hosed it off then used a doctored thermometer to "show" me air temps at the supply at 50F and took off. Bullsh*t. Air temp at the supply is 63F right now.

I posted about this situation here on the forum and someone recommended I call a forum member, Sky Heating, here in my area. I called them out yesterday.

Their guy shows up and I describe my issues to him. First thing he says he "doesn't do" pressure issues, I have to call their "install" department. He pokes around a bit, the announces that its not hot enough to check the charge. He's done exactly nothing but I have to pay him anyway and he leaves.

I make another appointment for today, specifically requesting a tech who "does" pressure issues and can charge the condenser. This guy is 5 hours late. He shows up, I show him the external unit, and he announces that he "can't work on Goodman" and he leaves!

I'm kind of thinking I'm done with Sky Heating just like I'm done with Budget Heating the initial installers. I'd like my damn $109 service fee back too since both of their techs did exactly nothing.

How does one go about finding a technician who can charge a Goodman a/c without voiding the warranty who isn't A.) Lazy, B.) A Liar, C.) Incompetent, or D.) All of the above?

Seriously I'm starting to think that's just the norm in this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment