Tuesday, June 16, 2015

6 Door Glass Merchandiser Compressor Problems

Hi all, I received a call for a 6 door reach in glass door refrigerator, the kind you see at a beer drive thru. The complaint was the compressor turning off and not keeping temp. I arrived and find and outdoor R22 1 1/4 condensing unit attached to twin evaporators and fans. I removed the panel to compressor and find a contactor, dual run cap and a hard start two wire kit . The compressor is off on thermal overload, and will not turn on even after cooling down. I checked resistance after total cool down and read 35 ohms between start and common. I was replacing the compressor and relize the orginal compressor should of had a relay, run and start capacitor. The compressor is a csr and not psc. My question is how long does something this big take to cool down after startup. There is no data for charging other than it uses r22 and using a cap tube. The pressure are at 50 of the low and 275 on the high, the box temp is 90 degrees just before start up and currently 70 degrees after two hours. I know i am looking for about a 20 degree evap temp but even while the new compressor running with all the required start components, I dont feel the suction line getting cold and with only 2 pounds of refrigerant to get at the about pressure above.

No comments:

Post a Comment