Monday, June 29, 2015

Recessed lighting above couch

Hello, we are finishing our basement and I've already drywalled, painted, etc. When I installed my recessed lighting, I wanted some lights over the couch because we dropped the ceiling down for a heating duct. The drop ceiling is drywalled and about 6ft tall above the couch. I installed 4" HALO recessed cans above the couch. These lights are linked to 5 other 6" cans on a dimmer.
When I did this, I'll admit I didn't place the cans far enough away from the seating area so the lights will be almost over your head when sitting down. I was limited because of the ductwork. Dumb I know, but nothing I can change now.

That's the background information. Now I am to light bulbs. I bought a 4" led light and trim kit that would match the rest of my 6" recessed lighting. When I flipped the switch on, these lights are way too bright. So I bought Par16 350 lumen lights. These are much better but still a bit bright.

Is there anything I can put in these cans that will give off a very low light and still be dimmable? The couch is in my home theater area and I would like to dim for movies, etc.
I've attached a picture.

Thanks for the help!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  19.4 KB
Attached Images

No comments:

Post a Comment