Sunday, June 21, 2015

Dsc motion sensor flashing, no movement detection

I recently bought a house with a DSC system installed. The battery backup has recently died and a replacement is on the way. I do however have two wired motion detectors (300 dp I think) that that have until last night been working. Now the LED on each unit simply flashes. I have pressed # on the panel and the zone for each unit is not working.

I assume that the detectors are still good because they both went down at the same time. Is there a way to rest them or is this somehow tied to the need to replace the battery back up for the system? This doesn't make sense to me as the main power is stil on.

DSC manuals have been no help, and don't mention the series of flashes on the detectors so any help or ideas would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment