Monday, June 1, 2015

Ice cream machine keeps tripping circuit breaker

Hi There Experts,

I hope you can give me a hand here. I recently imported an Ice Cream machine from China. Its operation is similar to a mid-size freezer and it has a compressor. Well, the machine didn't have a power plug attached to it, so rather than waiting for the supplier to send me one, I went ahead and bought a 15A, 120 volt rated plug at Lowes and attached to the device wire.

I went ahead and plugged it into an AC electric outlet in my house and immediately, I heard the noise of the compressor trying to kick in with certain struggle and a few secs after, the circuit breaker flipped.

I'm not a total expert in this subject, but I think the unit is demanding way more power than what the line is able to provide.

I contacted the supplier and requested for the electric specs of the machine and they mentioned this: 110V/60hz voltage,its power is almost over 1.2KW. and the current is 25A.

I honestly found that Amperage value really high for this type of units, but if I trust this specs, then what should I do to be able to make this machine work? Should I replace the electric plug for another that supports that amperage? Do I need to also change the CBr for that circuit?

*In case you're wondering, the AC outlet where I connected this device was completely isolated.. there were no other high electric consumption devices sharing the same circuit..


Appreciate your kind guidance!

Leo B.

No comments:

Post a Comment