Thursday, June 11, 2015

Blower intermittently does not star in ac mode

I have a 20 year old Bryant furnace. The blower motor and board were replaced about 2 years ago. Trane a/c compressor and coil installed 4 yrs ago.
Last summer I began experiencing and intermittent problem with the blower start up and would like to narrow down the cause.
The system will run perfectly fine for days or weeks and then suddenly the blower will fail to start with the compressor.
If I remove the blower access panel, thus tripping the safety shut off switch, and then hold the shut off switch with my thumb the motor will then come on. It may then do it again the same day or go days or weeks before it happens again
I don't believe it is the switch because the thermostat is still live (and functioning) and I have not as of yet experienced a problem in heat mode.
I am thinking it is a relay on the compressor end, but am not sure how to determine that. Any help would be appreciated

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment