Monday, June 1, 2015

Trane XL824 with XV95/XR17 Wiring Problem

I have a recently installed Trane XL824 with XV95/XR17. Just like a recent post from OnceRude in November 2014, I have wiring problems. This Wednesday, the contractor is coming back for the third time to fix the wiring or other setup problems.

I have attached photos of the thermostat, furnace, and XR17 wires. This wiring does not agree with any diagrams in any installation manuals. The system does work, but I don't think I am getting the efficiency or comfort as advertised. I did check the System Info page on the Thermostat, and on page 3 it states the Blower Type is Non-Variable. This is a hint something is not right.

Anyway, if anyone familiar with Trane equipment has time to look at my photos, please give me some advice of what is wrong.

Thanks, Bob in Dayton
Attached Images

1 comment:

  1. You should look at this thread. The wiring diagram shows exactly how to set it up

    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?1776721-Wiring-4th-time-a-charm-Trane-824-XV95-XR17

    ReplyDelete