Sunday, June 14, 2015

General Health Discussions and well being

I somehow came to the thought process tonight while doing some internet research that I may in fact find some answers to general health question here among people that in ways live a very similar life style as I do.

As a man in his mid 30 I have a health condition that is growing in the United States, I am Type 2 Diabetic.

Now obviously I would not come to an HVAC site looking for medical diagnosis or medication suggestion. But what I could ask and find here are how other Techs prepare and deal with the obstacles of Diabetes in their daily routine.

Then I also began to think, how do other here deal with not just the day to day, but also the physical fitness aspect.

I am sure, like me, many people here run a very long day that rarely ends at 4:30. How do you all pump yourselves up to work out 3 times a week? How do others go about finding ways to take care of themselves physically?

I was curious if maybe we shouldn't look into a section of the forum dedicated to physical well being.

I was also thinking how cool would it be if we had a few fitness gurus, nutritionist, and such posting in these forums, maybe teaching us some tips.

I recently learned about muscle adhesion and Self-Myafascial release from a work trainer. He taught me how to use foam rollers and tennis balls to fix these muscle problems that were making my workouts more difficult due to repetitive motions. This is something I think would be very useful information in our industry.

What do you all think?

Muscle Adhesion videos:
https://youtu.be/Jm1sqjWrO6Q
https://youtu.be/xjUnlzO_uMA

No comments:

Post a Comment