Thursday, June 11, 2015

basement stair drainage

We have some exterior basement stairs with a drain at the bottom. I believe it drains into the sump pump basin on the other side of the basement and then out of the house to who-knows-where. The drain was clogged and would back up into the basement under the door. I cleaned out the drain which had a fair amount of sediment in it. I poured a bottle of drain-o into it, followed by 5 gallons of hot water 30 minutes later.

My question, is there a better fix for this situation? Or, should I just plan on having to clean out the drain on a regular basis? My other concern is that all this sediment is going to end up in the sump basin, so I'm assuming I'll just have to clean that out as well?

Thanks for any help!

-Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment