Thursday, June 25, 2015

Building new home in MN.

Hey folks,

So we sold our existing home and are building new. Blue prints are final, permits and surveys need to be done before ground is broke. Hvac contractor who the builder uses is proposing a Trane TUH2B060 97% 2 stage variable with 4TTR6024 and 4TXCB003. Honeywell HRV. Now I've been told this home will be extremely tight. New insulation codes are R-49 in attic, R-20 walls, R-21 spray foam rim, R-10 exterior foundation and R-5 interior foundation. Home is split entry, non walkout 1400 sq ft foundation with 450sq ft master bed/bath above garage. So in total up to 3000 sq ft home. Oh and Pella 250 windows. I just need thoughts on proposed equipment for the size. I'm concerned it maybe too big due to the insulation and windows are so good! I want my equipment to run and not short cycle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No comments:

Post a Comment